2023 Submissions have now closed.
Full programme to be announced soon.
Rules & Terms
- Films entered into competition, MUST NOT be available online for general viewing.
- You must submit your film via Film Freeway – DO NOT use outside links, Google drive, Vimeo, YouTube – ONLY the film you are submitting to be on the channel.
- Please ensure the email address you provide with your submission is monitored. WE NEED THIS INFORMATION TO UPDATE YOU ON THE STATUS OF YOUR SUBMISSION.
- Please supply address and phone number; these will be used to post awards to recipients – please ensure these details are kept up to date.
- Please submit Portrait Film Poster with each submission.
- Please submit ALL CAST & CREW Information for our relevant awards Categories.
- Only films completed ON OR AFTER 1st January 2021 are eligible for entry into the 2022 Festival competition.
- Exclusively, the participants shall pay all fees in relation to the uploading or transportation of submissions from their place of origin to the address of RHIFF.
- ALL taxes and duties must be prepaid.
- Please note any submissions which do not meet the festival’s T&Cs (see beloe) will be disqualified and entry fee will be forfeited.
- When contacting the festival please put your RHIFF Tracking Number assigned with submission in the subject header.
RHIFF WAIVER PROGRAMME
Due to the volume of waiver requests received annually we now operate a waiver lottery. All requests for emails will be entered into a draw on the 31st August for a limited number of waiver codes. Please note, receiving a waiver code in the lottery does not guarantee selection to screen at the festival.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR FILM SUBMISSIONS (All Categories)
- A fee is required upon submission.
- There is a charge per film submitted.
- You can enter more than one film into each category.
- There is a charge per film submitted to each category.
- Please ensure that your film is uploaded at the time of entry.
- Please ensure a portrait film poster is uploaded with your film.
- Please submit ALL Cast and Crew Information.
- Please label submissions clearly with FILM TITLE, DIRECTOR(S), CONTACT NAME, CONTACT NUMBER, OFFICIAL FILM POSTER, STILLS, DURATION, EMAIL ADDRESS – all requirements are clearly marked on Film Freeway in your submission form.
- The submission of a film to the RHIFF will be considered to be an acknowledgement of your acceptance of the RHIFF festival terms and conditions.
- Do not use copyrighted material without the relevant permissions and or certifications.
- You must have full rights for the music in the film and written permission may be requested.
- If music or additional film material used in your film is not original, then permission from source must be obtained. The responsibility for this rests entirely with the filmmaker. Failure to obtain clearance could result in your film being withdrawn from the Festival. In this event, RHIFF will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
- Any films that are not in English must have English subtitles.
- If a film is selected for screening you must provide Blu-Ray or Digital File. The successful entrant is responsible for delivering the correct format for screening.
- Submission to the Richard Harris International Film Festival does not guarantee a screening.
- You will be bound by all terms and conditions of the official competition.
- RHIFF reserves the right to use clips from selected entries to promote the festival.
- Submissions in hard copy or those which do not follow the guidelines outlined here will not be accepted or returned. Late submissions will NOT be accepted.
- RHIFF will not be responsible for damage to submitted media during the process of the film festival.
- Exclusively the participant shall pay all fees in relation to the uploading or transportation of submissions from their place of origin to the address of RHIFF. ALL taxes and duties must be prepaid.
- All packages should be clearly marked – FOR CULTURAL PURPOSES ONLY, NO COMMERCIAL VALUE.
- The Festival will not be responsible for the cost of receiving any additional materials i.e. DVDs, posters, photos, etc.
- The festival does not pay any travel, subsistence or accommodation costs of the participants screening at the festival.
- Films previously entered into and screened at our festival are not eligible for re-entry in subsequent years.
- All films to be screened at the festival will be notified via email.
- **Please check your email spam / junk folders for emails from FilmFreeway notification centre.
- The decision of the selection panel is final. RHIFF reserve the right to refuse to screen any submission deemed by the Festival to be inappropriate.
- Submissions to the student category require a letter confirming your placement in college/school & must be submitted to the film festival by email to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your password to submit.